It stands to reason that if you care for you candle, just like anything else, you will achieve the best performance from it. Here are Rachel's Top 5 tips of how she cares for her candles.
The Rachel Bates 'Botanical' Luxury Scented Candle is produced exclusively by Ormonde Jayne, a London based perfumery, renowned not only for their perfumes but for their high quality candles which have been consistently ranked at the top of the market.
Using the finest oils, the Rachel Bates 'Botanical' candle is designed to fill the air with shophisticated scent, described by Rachel as "A spellbinding scented candle both feminine and masculine. Time honoured accord of jasmine, rose with a dash of bergamot and summer berries"
Linda Pilkington of Ormonde Jayne produced the special fragrance to compliment the esssence of Rachel Bates and her brand. "...the Rachel Bates candle is going to be spectacular, it's going to be everything that reflects Rachel Bates, she is full of vibrancy and colour and so for us it was all about re-creating Rachel Bates. We did it with lots of beautiful English garden flowers, we've used berries, there is sweetpea, freesia, strawberries, raspberries ... and I know that the recepticles are going to be absolutely stunning and gorgeous colours too. It's going to be an absolute winner....
The FIne Art of Candle Burning - Rachel's Top 5 Tips:
1. Always trim the candle wicks before the first use
2. With each burn always ensure that the candle is lit long enough for the wax surface to be entirely melted to the edge of the glass.
This will ensure that your candle always burns perfectly and no part is wasted.
3. Once extingished, make sure that you centre your wick back into their origional position, before the wax sets again.
4. When the candle is set, always re-trim your wicks, to ensure clean burning.
5. Always clean around the inner rim & glass of your candle between each burn to remove any black residue to help keep your candle clean and burning in perfect condition every time.
When Rachel's Botanical candles are finished she likes to keep the beautiful containers and use them as vases filled with pretty hand-tied bouquets. Something you can try at home too.
For more inspiration and ideas, please visit: